DAY 1 PROVINCE OF MADRID
Meeting at the scheduled time and place to leave by luxury coach for PARACUELLOS DE JARAMA. Of Arabic origin, it belonged to The Order of Saint James and later the dominion of the Medinaceli, as the crests on the Church of Saint Vincent Martyr (16th century) reference it. The Medinaceli Palace, which retains the structure, a shield and the Castilian pation with stone columns, today is a public building. Cementery conmemorating the Battle of Madrid (1936-1939). DAGANZO DE ARRIBA. Church (15th-17th centuries) with a Mudéjar tower and Renaissance façade, three naves with Tuscan pillars where the Gothic holy water font stands out. MECO, we will see the Church of the Assumption de Our Lady, “The Cathedral”: three polychromatic altarpieces and grille from the 15th century. House of the Inquistion, much restored, where the Catholic Monarchs dispatched with the Mendozas. In the afternoon we will continue the route to LOS SANTOS DE LA HUMOSA where the Church of Saint Peter (16th-17th centuries), transition from Gothic to Renaissance, stands out with its impressive panoramic views The valley of the Henares River. SANTORCAZ, one of the oldest towns in the Autonomous Community of Madrid, occupied by the Celtiberians and city cited by Ptolomy, The Church of Saint Torcuato, Mudéjar head and tower, choir seating from the 15th century. Remains of the towermocha Castle (13th-15th centuries); it was the prison of Cardenal Cisneros, of King Francis I of France when he was transferred to Madrid and of the Princess of Eboli. Lunch. We will continue on to towerJÓN DE ARDOZ, town of Arabic origin, although the only thing from its past that has been left to us is the building known as the Big House (Casa Grande); it was founded by María of Austria and administered by the Jesuits of the Imperial Colegio of Madrid until their expulsion. It was one of the most important agriCultural complexes of the region; it houses the Icon Museum with nearly 1500 pieces from the 12th to the 20th centuries, which we will visit accompanied by a local guide. We will finish the trip in SAN FERNANDO DE HENARES where Fernando VI in 1747 ordered the design of a baroque city plan developing a meticulous garden to supply the Royal House. There is a statue of Fernando IV and a palace from the 15th century. Arrival in Madrid and END OF TRIP.